Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Paper Fixes Everything!

My adorable dad says I am a sucker for wall decor.  In a moment of defense I denied his claim, but in reality, he's right.  I do love to have pretty things on my walls.  But I can't always afford to buy all those pretty things.  I have kids with bottomless stomachs.  So I have to come up with clever ways to put pretty things up without starving my kids.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. 

It happens to be that I LOVE paper.  It is about the fastest, cheapest way to decorate almost anything.  Walls included.  For this project I just bought some 12"x12" paper at Scrapville http://www.scrapville.net/ , an adorable store in my hometown.  My DH spray painted the edges black.  Then I Modge Podged it onto MDF (you can find a recipe for home-made Modge Podge online).  When it was dry I sanded the edges and corners to distress it a little bit.  I put hanging brackets on the back and hung them on the wall.  It is just that simple!  I love that the paper had a door and windows on a couple of pages.  I placed them to appear as though you were looking at the wall of a humble villa.  Super cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!