Saturday, November 5, 2011

Laundry Room Door Take Two

A little over a year ago my DH (darling husband) and I put on a second story addition.  As it happens, the new stairwell begins where the laundry room ends.  So the door to the laundry room folded open and blocked the stairwell by about 12 inches.  And you know how little boys LOVE boxes and are really great at finding new ways to use them?  Well, my two little boys decided to make a sled out of one and ride it down the new set of stairs.  BANG!  Right into the open laundry room door and broke it clean off the hinge.  Our laundry room to this day remains door less, but moms are pretty great at finding new uses for things as well.  I had my DH cut the folding louvered door into 4 panels.  I had my DH paint the taller set to match the trim of the outside of our house.  I distressed them by sanding away some of the paint with my new favorite tool, the electric hand sander.  And then I hung them up on the porch.  The shorter ones I distressed and hung up in my hallway.  I think they look pretty cute!

 


1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!