Sunday, November 6, 2011

No Fire, Just a Hurricane

Every summer our family travels out to Utah.  And while in Utah I visit a particular store called Tai Pan Trading.  I love this store.  It is a designer's PARADISE!  I kid you not.  When I walk in it is like a kid walking into a candy store.  I just go wild with excitement.  This year I came across a pair of ornate, distressed iron sconces.  They were gorgeous and 20% off.  They're mine!  In the cart they go. 

After a long drive home with my treasures nestled amoung suitcases, we finally get them home.  I hang my beautiful sconces up.  They are perfect.  Now to find candles for them.  But, oh my, these sconces are meant for very large, very tall $20-$30 candles.  Um...yah, like I have that kinda money just for a pair of candles.  Not on my budget!

I took a trip to my local Micael's to see if I could get any ideas.  And bingo, I find a pair of glass huricane lamp covers for $2 each.  I took them home and spray painted the inside of them and stuck them in the sconce.  A match made in heaven if I do say so myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!