Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tray Chic


My mom had this hideous black tray with orange laminant on the surface.  I was the kid who used it to hold my plate of food when my extended family would gather together and watch football on the television on New Years Day.  I don't have any fond memories of this tray.   And when my mom was going to throw it out I let out a startling "NO!" which surprised us both.  But, I took the tray home to use for my own family.  It sat in a cupboard for years and was rarely used.  I recently was trying to decide if I should just chuck the ugly thing or make it lovely.  And, of course, I decided to make it lovely.  I had my older kids help rip off the old laminant.  I spray painted it my favorite shade of Heirloom White.  And I decoupaged it with some of my favorite paper.  Here it is in all it's splendor.  I think it is "Simply SophistiChic" if you ask me.



Hmmm...still not sure what they were thinking.


It was rather difficult to tear off this fashion statement.
Goo Gone works wonders.  I LOVE this stuff.


1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahhahahaaaaa!!!! Looks much better, Kath! Good job! You're cracking me up with all this old stuff from our childhood.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!