Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dangerously Delicious BRANana Nut Muffins

My darling husband gave me a gift subscription to some cooking magazines a couple of Christmases ago.  He knows that I really like to cook.  I also LOVE to bake, but don't love what my baking does to my hips {smirking face}.  The other day I was going through some old magazines looking for some new dinner recipes (Dinner Menu Organizing Tips coming in another post) and I found this great banana muffin recipe with some healthy ingredients.  I found it in the Taste of Home February/March 2010 issue on page 32.  I never can just leave a recipe alone so I tweaked it a little bit.  Here is what I came up with...

BRANana Nut Muffins
(Makes approximately 36 muffins)
Turn oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together wet ingredients in a large bowl:
6-7 very ripe, I'm talking brown, bananas
1 and 1/2 cups plain yogurt
4 eggs
4 Tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In another large bowl mix together dry ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cup white flour
1 and 1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup wheat bran
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup flax meal
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

combine wet and dry ingredients together.
Add:
1 cup walnuts, or pecans, or peanuts (optional)
2/3 cup chocolate chips (optional, but highly recommended)

Bake for 22-25 minutes.
Let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy!

Let me know how yours turn out.

Simply SophistiKate,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!